Free To Air (FTA) IRD (Integrated Receiver Decoder) is the device which can decode and multiplex the signal which is coming from satellite and it gives IP output. IRD is fully compliant with DVB (S/S2) standard. It is also integrated with demodulation and gateway function which can demodulate the signal from 8 tuners into TS. After multiplexing the TS it can generate IP packets from TS packets and finally gives IP package output through different IP address and ports. FTA IRD can tune many channels simultaneously and gives one IP output to the IP- QAM through switch. The main features of FTA IRD are given below.
- It Support MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 SD and HD TS to IP one way conversion.
- It can provide large number of high quality programs simultaneously though one IP output.
- It can handle 8 channel tuner input and SPTSx32 output or MPTS output.
- Supports 1 GE output: which gives parallel 1 Gbps data output.
- Maximum 8 tuners to IP converting channel, the maximum output bit-rate is 800Mbps.
- Supports IP output: UDP protocol with unicast and multicast facilities.
- LCD display and keyboard: This is required to configure IRD by manual
- Fully control by Network Management System (NMS).